Since the beginning of Que Means What, I have shared with you how I spend my time with mi familia. It has been a fun journey that I look forward to continuing. Family is so important to me and I believe that if you are reading this, it’s important to you, too. It’s one part of the QMW community that unites us, queridos.
Making that family time isn’t always easy for busy parents or busy schedules. Here are a few ways that we spend our family time together.
1. Dinner together, preferably at the table. We like to turn off the tv and talk to one another. (We did make exceptions for Cristela, though.)
2. Reading books at night. Bed time stories are the best. We read aloud together. I hope as they grow up, we can still do this together even as the book subjects change.
3. Weekly outdoor activity. We’ve made Sunday our day to get outdoors together. With the Texas heat, we’ve chosen Sunday mornings as the best time to ‘take a hike’. Plus, Dad is off on Sundays.
4. Family movie night. We do this at home and at the theater. At home, it can be any movie or new tv episode that is premiering. At the theater, we designate movies that we can’t see unless we go as a family.
5. Sports Competition time. Currently, only one of my sons participates in karate. When he has a competition, the whole family is there to cheer him on.
6. Game night. Sometimes we just squeeze in one game at night during the week. Sometimes several games of UNO can go all night!
7. FAMILY TIME Pass. Any one of us can request family time. It usually is time together on the couch to snuggle and watch a show or building a new project (like Legos).
None of these events have to be over the top. The most important thing is that there is designated face-to-face time for family only. These will be the moments kids will remember and think about when they think of home. For me, it will be the moments I think of the most as I watch my kids grow.
#FamilyTimeNow Project + Giveaway
The coLAB Project
I have teamed up with Teri from MommyWifeLife to create a fun new project. Teri is a SAHM in Columbus, Ohio. Her blog, MommyWifeLife, is centered around the family, especially home education, and encourages families to not be afraid to be different. When she isn’t blogging, Teri likes to dance and sing around the house with her toddlers, assist with fab weddings, and other events.
coLAB is a collaborative project between three blogger communities: Latina Bloggers Connect, Alt Summit and Blogalicious. Bloggers have been paired up to create projects with a member of one of the groups mentioned above. These projects will allow participants to make new and lasting connections while discovering ways to grow their blog or blogger skills. I am representing the Latina Bloggers Connect community and Teri, the Latino Blogaliciouscommunity.
Purpose of Project
Together, Teri and I have created the #FamilyTimeNow Project to promote quality family time. Families often become so busy with daily routines and the hustle and bustle of life, that they forget to stop and dedicate quality time together.
From now until August 24th, we want families, like yours, to make a huge effort to spend quality time together and to share what they enjoy doing most as a family.
Joining the project is simple:
Post a photo or video of how you spend time with your family using the hashtag #FamilyTimeNow on Instagram.
Because we want to see your photos and we hope this project encourages more family time, we are giving away a $50 VISA Gift Card! Leave the link to your post in the Rafflecopter gadget below. The giveaway will end on at 11:59 p.m. on August 24th. The winner will be notified via email and will have 24 hours to respond.
Good luck, queridos! I can’t wait to see all of your #FamilyTimeNow photos!
We will also be on Periscope TONIGHT! Join us!