Lion Mask Kids Craft + The Lion King Blu-Ray Giveaway
Disney’s THE LION KING is still an all-time favorite animated movies. I think it’s because I used to watch it with my nephew when it was first available on VHS (eek, that was a long time ago). He was the only baby in the family for at least three years. At that time, my plans did not include having children of my own for quite a while so he was my whole world. Since this movie reminds me of that very special time, it holds a dear place in mi corazon.
Now, as a mom, I get to experience this coming of age story with my own boys. THE LION KING is filled with humor and heart, breathtaking animation, and soul-stirring Academy Award®–winning music (1994: Best Original Score and Best Original Song, “Can You Feel the Love Tonight”). We will definitely be singing our hearts out.
Here’s to falling in love with Simba all over again!
10-Step Lion Mask Kids Craft
Introducing my kids to a movie is a lot more fun with a craft they can enjoy. I found Kids Craft Room’s Lion Mask Kids Craft blog post on Pinterest. We decided to have some fun crafting and make a lion mask in honor of THE LION KING Blu-ray™ Signature Collection release. It was messy but totally worth the fun and end result!
Watch our 1-minute video on how we did it!
This is super simple and tons of fun to create! I hope you’ll give it a try with your little ones.
The supplies needed are:
- Acrylic Paint: Yellow, Orange, Brown
- Card Stock
- Paint Brushes
- Tape or Glue
- Paper Plates
- String or Elastic
- Hole Puncher
Lion Mask Kids Craft Intructions:
- Cut out a U-shape in the center of your paper plate. This is where the child’s eyes and mouth will show through the mask. (Don’t discard the part you cut out.)
- Use the yellow acrylic paint to paint the back of the paper plate.
- Paint the tip of the nose brown.
- Grab that cut out and paint the two ends of it yellow with large brown spots in the middle to make them resemble ears.
- Cut off the painted parts and glue or tape them the top of the paper plate (non-painted side) just above the eye area.
- Set the plate aside to dry.
- Using yellow and orange paint, allow the kids to cover their palms in paint to make hand prints on card stock. Create 6 -10 hand prints depending on how large you want your lion’s mane to be. Set aside to dry.
- Tape 3 straws together and cut off the top part just above the bendy spot. Do the same with three more straws. Tape the two groups of straws to the inside of the nose area of the paper plate to create whiskers.
- After the hand prints have dried, cut them out. Glue/tape them around the edge of the paper plate (non-painted side) to create the mane.
- Using a hole puncher, punch a hole on each side of the plate (just below the ears) and tie string or elastic to create a band to tie around the child’s head as they wear the mask.
THE LION KING Blu-ray™ Giveaway
I’m thrilled to get to give one of you your own THE LION KING Blu-ray™ from the Walt Disney Signature Collection which includes never-before-seen recording session, song selections, and more!
The Walt Disney Signature Collection release includes over three hours of classic bonus material and exclusive, brand new features inviting viewers to sing along with the film’s award-winning music, observe recording sessions, step inside the story room, witness the evolution of a villain, and join Nathan Lane (voice of Timon) and Matthew Broderick (voice of Adult Simba) for an extended conversation regarding the legacy of “The Lion King.”
For your chance to enter, all you have to do is leave a comment below and tell me about your favorite THE LION KING movie scene! Good luck, Queridos!
Contest ends September 1, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. CST.
*The prize was provided to QMW. Winner will be chosen at random. Winner will be notified via email using the email address provided to leave a comment.
**This post contains affiliate links.