Hire Melanie Mendez-Gonzales, founder of Qué Means What, as a SPEAKER, BLOGGER, or SOCIAL MEDIA CONSULTANT. Email Melanie at firstname.lastname@example.org for packages and more information.
- Raising STEM Educated Children
- Hispanic/Latino Identity in America Today
- How to Use Social Media to Share Your Message
- Blogging About Culture
- Blogging as a Solopreneur
Current Speaking Engagements Include:
2017 UTSA Institute of Texan Culture 30th Annual Asian Festival Interview with Dr. C. Mauli Agrawal
2017 PRSA San Antonio Adding Social Media to Your PR Plan
Previous Speaking Engagements Include:
Hispancize 2016: Tapping into the Booming Influence of Texas Latinos
SAAHJ Media Professional Development Workshop
2016 SXSW Interactive: Multicultural Blogger and Content Creator Meet Up
2015 Texas Conference for Women: Social Media Rountable: How to Maximize Your Blog’s Reach
2015 Blogalicious Conference: Traditional Media Isn’t Dead. Make Them Partners in Building Your Empire.
2015 SA-STEMIC Workshop: How to Engage Latino Families in STEM
2015 SA-Association of Hispanic Journalists Media Workshop: PR/Pitching to the Media
2015 SXSW Interactive: “How Latina Moms Are Raising Next Gen Coders” https://soundcloud.com/officialsxsw/how-latina-moms-are-raising-nextgen-coders-levelated?in=officialsxsw/sets/sxswinteractive2015playlist1
2015 Hispanicize: Latina Innovators Embracing STEM http://www.hispanicizeevent.com/?post_type=speakers&p=9298
2014 Christian Women’s Small Business Association: Finding Purpose & Profits Through Your Passions http://www.meetup.com/Christian-Women-s-Small-Business-Association/events/213155332/
2014 Voto Latino Summit: Making New Friends: Maximizing Your Network http://quemeanswhat.com/voto-latino-power-summit-san-antonio-join-im-speaking/
INFLUENCER MARKETING CONSULTANT
Influencer marketing is the current buzz. Know why? Because it works. Melanie can help you on your next influencer marketing campaign. She keeps her ‘ear to the ground’ to listen for the bloggers who are the right fit for your brand.
- Host an influencer/blogger event for your brand
- Create a strategy for influencer/blogger outreach
- Serve as liaison between your brand and the right-fit influencers/bloggers
- Create and execute social media strategy for your brand and influencers/bloggers
- Freelance Writing for Your Publication
- How to Begin Blogging Classes
- Brand Ambassadorships featured on QueMeansWhat.com
- Sponsored Content Campaigns featured on QueMeansWhat.com
SOCIAL MEDIA CONSULTANT
- Strategic Planning for Your Brand and Message Online
- ‘How To’ Social Media Classes for Business, Organizations or Personal
- Twitter Party Host Including Reports and Analytics
- Social Media Live Reporting from Your Event
Melanie Mendez-Gonzales is an online media entrepreneur and the creator of ¿Qué Means What? – a leading Latina lifestyle blog featuring cultura in entertainment – featuring Latinos in TV, movies and music; education – providing resources and highlighting Latinos in STEM; and family life – story-telling as a wife and a mom of boys.
¿Qué Means What? originally served as a platform where Melanie shared about the re-discovery of her Mexican-American heritage. Growing up, she felt a disconnection but she has turned this ‘culture identity crisis’ into a conversation that encourages others to celebrate their own culture in daily life.
Melanie has been named a 2015 Texas-based Bloggers to Follow by FlipKey by Trip Advisor; 2014 American Latino Expedition Influencer by National Park Foundation; a Top Bloguera by LATISM in 2014 and 2013; and an SA2020 ambassador for her city. She recently co-founded Texas Latino Bloggers – an online community to empower the Latino voices in Texas.